Tips for making the best wine for your special day.
1. One of the biggest concerns is if your venue is a private venue. If it is not a private venue, chances are very likely they are licenced with the Nova Scotia Liquor Commission in which case they will be obligated to serve only wine purchased from NSLC. Wine made on premise will not be permitted. However, because we offer elegant and refined wines for less, our wine can still be an economical value for you as wedding favours, served at a private rehearsal party or as welcome gifts for guests requiring hotel accommodations.
2. Plan ahead, great tasting wine takes time. Depending on the varietal you choose aging could take from 3 to 9 months to be at it’s best. We know from experience it’s worth the time invested and ensures you will serve the very best wine to your guests.
3. The best wine kit is the one that expresses the most aroma, flavor and character when you drink it. Choosing a wine kit with the best level of total dissolved solids will impress your guests and leave them with wonderful memories of your special day. The total dissolved solids are what is left over after every bit of the water is removed from a wine kit. Simply put, the more total dissolved solids, the more aroma and flavor compounds a wine will have. Fresh, not-from-concentrate juices have more total dissolved solids then concentrate kits that require water to be added. The 16 and 23 liters with grape skins have the most. You can learn more about this by following the clink above.
4. Know how much wine you need. Typically, a 750 ml bottle of wine will provide 4 to 6 servings. Each wine kits makes (30) 750 ml bottles of wine so each kit will serve approximately 120 guests. A substantial savings compared to commercial products.
5. Know varietals that will please most palates. Commonly a bottle of red and white is provided during the wedding dinner. Our most popular white wine is Pinot Grigio, this varietal is often the most popular commercially as well. A popular red wine is Cabernet Sauvignon. Where ever you choose to purchase your wine be sure the person is knowledgeable and available to discuss all the varietal choices.
6. Match your wedding theme. When making your own wedding wine you have the freedom (and fun) to add your own creative touch to the wine labels. At Vintner’s Cellar Bedford you can choose from a selection of personalized labels or we can custom create a label to match your wedding theme for a minimal additional cost.
SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER !
Choose any 2 wine varietals and pay ONLY 1 Winery Fee SAVING $57.00
375 ml (favour size) wine bottles, corks, shrink caps and personalized labels. (custom labels available for a minimal additional charge)
120 favours for $480.00 or $4.00 each
SAVE $25.00 on 1 wine varietal 60 favours for $240.00